Friday, July 01, 2005

Reality is setting in.


My swimming sucks. I don't have the speed or endurance. Leon & Jose will be laughing their asses off. I did another 360 drills + 360 straight swimming yesterday, took 10:45 for the 360, 5 seconds longer than last time (although I did have to deal with swallowing water/choking & goggle problems). Left me dead tired. Swim leg could take 25 minutes now. I followed the swim with a 30 min. bike at 138 HR. Very Difficult on the quads. Left leg cramped when I tried to run a couple of laps around the gym.

Biking has improved, but not enough to offset a bad swim. Won't be able to keep up with Leon if he pushes himself this race. So back to the original goal. Complete it, have fun making fun of Leon and Jose anyway, and don't die. Most likely I'll still beat Leon's original times done when he was still younger and leaner than I am now.

Next year, I won't waste so much time on that dumb Manitoba half marathon that screwed up my triathlon training. Need a lot more pool time to get better.

Finally, did a quick bike ride this morning and my g-d damn gearing/ chain went haywire and went offline in the middle. Got stuck in the highest gear. Grrrrr.... I fixed it by the end of the ride, but ruined what felt like a great ride. Was planning on going much further. Will bring the bike in on Monday.